In today's digital age, every business needs to be on social media, and the same goes for real estate agents. No matter the industry, social media is essential for any business, as it's a widely used platform for not only promoting your business, but also for maintaining a reputation and sharing information with consumers and clients. Plus, you can utilize social media platforms to target a specific demographic, as a majority of Americans spend their time on such platforms, like Facebook and Twitter.
At Red Enterprises, we're here to help. Whether you're interested in owner financing or have a real estate note to sell, we can assist you in the process. More importantly, we can help realtors maintain strong social media presences as part of our marketing assistance. In short, social media for realtors is essential, and we can help you get on the right path. First, let's take a look at some social media statistics to see just how important this strategy is.
Social Media Statistics
To help you get an idea of just how important social media for realtors is, we've compiled a quick list of statistics, and usage across the world is only growing. Take a look at the stats below:
- Across all platforms, there are 2.3 billion social media users
- On average web users have approximately 5 social media accounts each
- Facebook has approximately 1.71 billion users
- 400 million on Instagram
- 320 million on Twitter
- In 2015, social platforms earned over $3 billion
- Facebook gets 500,000 users each day
Social Media for Realtors: 7 Tips
As you can see, having a presence on social media is quite important in today's world. Everyone is using social media, giving businesses and realtors alike the opportunity to reach a broad audience while targeting more specific demographics. Without further ado, check out these tips on social media for realtors below:
- First thing's first: setup a Facebook business page. Here, you can make your own posts, share content, create paid ads, and much more.
- Use Facebook to engage clients. You can display a home's neighborhood with pictures, post about events, or simply present quick photos of a listing.
- Geo-targeted advertisements are also a great place to start. Facebook allows you to set a range of criteria to target a specific demographic. You can always pay to promote your own posts to reach more users. It costs less, but isn't typically as effective as ads.
- Aside from Facebook, you should also sign up for a Twitter account. You can use this to share quick tips, news, questions, and much more.
- Ask questions! No matter the platform you're using, you can ask questions to your followers to not only engage users, but to also gain insight as to who your followers are.
- Of course, always post regularly and be sure to respond to any messages you receive. A stagnant or unresponsive page just won't attract and engage followers.
- Lastly, try hosting contests from time to time. Whether it's a giveaway or discount, it's a perfect way to get clients interested. Plus, it'll help build a better reputation.
Get Started Today
As a realtor, you should be taking advantage of the reach and capabilities social media offers. There's plenty of great strategies to help you build a reputation and generate new clients. If you ever need assistance, contact us for help. You can give us a call at 307.213.9095.